The Technology Entrepreneurship Opportunity
We're looking for the next generation of scientists and engineers who are going to create a new generation of British Hi-Tech companies. We are offering graduates a unique internship opportunity;
• to acquire unrivalled mentoring and training from chief designers, architects and software engineers
• work on exciting leading edge technologies
• to have an equity stake in your own start-up company and create your own job.
Alacrity provides successful candidates the opportunity of a lifetime to join the Foundation’s ‘boot camp’. The Alacrity ‘boot camp’ is a proven methodology for commercializing technology and for creating successful companies. Alacrity projects are at the leading edge of technology and offer opportunities for new standards to be created, new methods and process to be developed and the potential for the patenting of products. You will have a unique opportunity to work on innovative projects using the latest software development tools and methodologies requiring creative problem solving. Graduates have the opportunity to transform innovative project ideas (sourced from global industry partners) into market leading products and to be founders of a start-up company. Graduates will have the opportunity to work in areas such as;
• designing mobile apps for iPhone/iPad and Android devices amongst other platforms
• developing rich graphical interfaces and video/image streaming and processing
• machine to machine (M2M) and inter process communications
• speech recognition and synthesis
Subject matter of the projects will be focused primarily on software, targeting technology areas including telecommunications, cloud services and mobile applications -areas for which the Foundation’s industry partners have most influence in global markets. The relationship with global industry partners is what makes Alacrity’s internship unique and exceptional as projects are customer driven with a high probability of success that triggers the incorporation into a start-up company. Successful graduates will have an equity stake in the company and most importantly access to venture capital funding.
The project work is varied and intellectually challenging that may require you to learn new languages and techniques. The added bonus is that your application will likely be used by many thousands of people. You will have the chance to see how the software and products you create has impact across a vast range of market sectors.
Participants receive a tax free stipend of £13,800 during their 9-12 months on the programme and they gain real world technology product development experience, learn best practices and build an exceptional network from seasoned and successful entrepreneurs. Skills and knowledge are gained in a variety of business and technology disciplines that equip the participants to manage the operations of a new technology company upon project completion.
You can find more information at http://alacrityfoundation.com/uk/
About The Alacrity Foundation
The Alacrity Foundation is a not for profit public-private collaboration. Key backers are entrepreneurs who have successfully built technology companies across a range of sectors and generated thousands of jobs. The Foundation has been established with a mandate of turning graduates into entrepreneurs through practical business training and the creation of real world demand oriented technology solutions. Our vision is that entrepreneurs will go on to create global companies and generate jobs and wealth that will play a role in Britain’s future growth and prosperity. Each year we select between 10-15 aspiring graduates who take part in our unique programme which consists of 3 main components:
1) Project work on innovative ideas sourced through our global industry partners
2) Training, Education & Development with workshops from mentors, corporate sponsors and industry leaders
3) Hands on one to one mentoring an coaching from our executive team
- Application for Internship If you have the conviction
- personality and ability to be included in the Alacrity programme we would like to hear from you. In addition to personal qualities we are looking for the following criteria; 1. You must have graduated within the last 2 years 2. Graduates with an engineering
- science or computer science background that have experience of software programming (preferably C/C#/C++ or Java) 3. If you are an overseas student you must have at least 15 months remaining on your visa. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Enternships.com