The role: Taxonomy Intern
IAT is a technology company that specialises in creating and monetising vibrant online user bases. We ensure our clients build fantastic consumer engagement through a combination of e-commerce, community building, rewards and customisable content.
IAT has an immediate need to take on an intern to assist in the development and management of its online retail taxonomies and affiliate feeds. As a Taxonomy Intern you’ll undertake the design and development of shopping category structures, analysing product feed metadata from various providers in order to optimise the shopping experience for consumers interacting with IAT’s platform.
This intern position offers a great opportunity for analytical and detail oriented university student to gain experience of on online company and if successful will lead to a permanent role in the Commercial Operations team. This important role in IAT will help drive operational excellence in effectively managing the systems upon which visitors, members, publishers and all affiliates will interface with.
You will be tasked with benchmarking leading e-commerce providers in order to establish common navigation and attributes used to filter product results. Using the research you carry out and metadata you will test and refine shopping structures. The assets you produce will be seen by millions of consumers in the UK, featured on high profile client websites as well as our in-house websites. You will have the opportunity to expand upon your knowledge and experience of data and analytics significantly where your work be consumed directly by end users.
- Benchmark e-commerce shopping structures
- Define hierarchy and associated attributes
- Research competitor offerings
- Work with UX / Design to guide product feature development
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Update inaccurate or inefficient category names
- Serve as a subject matter expert on product taxonomy and onsite search
- Minimum qualifications: Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Excellent command of the English language – including excellent proof reading and copy editing skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines Strong communication skills. Team player Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment Expertise in Microsoft Excel The ideal candidate will be someone currently completing a Computer Science or similar degree which would include data analysis
- management and user modelling. Duration: Successful candidates for this 8-12 week internship will have the chance to gain a wealth of experience
- learning best practice and build a solid foundation for a career in this field. Remuneration: This internship is unpaid
- yet a generous travel and lunch allowance is included. About us: At IAT we are proud of our culture and diversity
- where talented people come together to build the technology of tomorrow. Our core values involve working hard
- and enjoying the rewards of being part of something incredible
- where everyone has a voice and is in turn truly passionate about what we do. We spend more time at work than we do on almost any other activity in our lives and it is for this reason
- we believe in making coming to work both meaningful and enjoyable
- whether that be through enjoying a weekly game of sport with the team or the monthly bagel breakfast with the boss; we value our every employee. At IAT we attract and attain amazing people
- who are exceptionally motivated and driven to succeed. If you believe you fit the bill and wish to join the elite
- send your CV and a brief cover letter with a bit about you and why you would be a perfect fit
- to email@example.com To all recruitment agencies: IAT does not accept agency resumes. IAT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.