Fancy an internship at an early-stage consumer web startup? We’re looking for a smart Software Engineering intern to help us build our platform. The following position would suit a recent graduate or student looking for a role with a high degree of responsibility.
Emot.io is a platform for expressing emotion on the web. We’re out to destroy ‘Like’ buttons and boring star rating systems, and give people a way to express their actual feelings about things online. We’re currently working on the first version of our rating engine, and are looking for a super-smart software engineering intern to come and help us build stuff. Our team is small and you will have a high degree of responsibility from day one.
We’re looking for candidates with some (or all) of the following qualities:
- Proven ability to deploy awesome web apps. Something cool you’ve released > CS degree.
- A passion for keeping code simple, secure and stable.
- Attention to detail, common sense.
- A good eye for current trends in web design
- An interest in data visualisation. Extra points if you’ve helped to actually create some interesting data viz projects in the past.
- Good organisational skills.
- An intense hatred of ‘Like’ buttons.
If you’re smart, passionate and can code, we can find something interesting for you to do.
Additional things to know:
- By default this is an unpaid role, though we can cover your travel + lunch expenses
- The length of the internship/level of commitment is completely open and down to your circumstances. Let us know a ballpark figure for how many hours would work for you when applying.
What you’ll get out of this:
- You’ll potentially get to have your code deployed on an exciting range of partner sites we’re lining up (= names to drop on a CV)
- You’ll have some degree of freedom in choosing which part of our platform to work on. If there’s a particular language you’re keen to work with we can try and accommodate if it makes sense
- You won’t be forced to use a particular IDE or OS – whatever works for you
- Being a startup, there’s always room for exceptional talent. If you’re extraordinary, we’ll fight to keep you with us as long as possible, which may involve cash, stock, begging, or a combination of the three.
- Mentorship from two startuppers who’ve been through five startups in three different countries
- Send a hello to nick(at)emot(dot)io
- Include a brief CV/what you’re up to
- Also include links to current and past projects. Remember, Something cool you’ve released > CS degree.
- Ruby on Rails