I am looking for a post graduate research assistant (ideally with a psychology, health or social science degree) to work with me on a business and inter-personal neurobiology related book project for approximately 6 months. My co-author is a prominent figure in the world of Systemic Thinking, has written numerous books herself and edited a series in excess of 60 books.
The book is about helping people to reclaim and restore their capacity for reflection which is the doorway to Relational Literacy and Creativity. It is this capacity for Relational Creativity that can enable people to navigate difference and maintain consistently good performance within teams, department and organisations.
All of the new processes and thinking need to be backed up with scientific evidence from the field of Inter-personal Neurobiology. I am looking for a research assistant who can help me do this.
Who this will suit
The successful candidate will be:-
- A post graduate with demonstrated research experience and a thorough understanding of research methods
- Interested in neurobiology and business. Familiarity with the most recent literature on inter-personal neurobiology would be a definite plus
- Looking for part time work for a limited period of time
- Someone who has worked in, or with, the corporate world - particularly in the area of teams/leadership
- Detail-oriented and well organised
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, focused, conscientious, eager to learn
- Self motivated and highly dependable
- Good sense of humour
- Able to manage their time effectively and efficiently
- Can speed read (not essential but a huge plus given the amount of material to get through!)
The job includes:-
- Researching from a set list of books and websites supplemented by your own ideas as you familiarise yourself with the subject matter
- Providing summaries and extracts from books and scientific papers. Receive, process and integrate data coming from several other sources
- Arranging interviews with business executives
- Compiling notes and reports
- Working directly with the co-authors
Both authors live in the UK (Hampshire and London). Given the nature of the work, the successful candidate may work from home (UK, Europe or USA). If UK based then there is the possibility of fortnightly face to face contact with myself in London.
Hours required, start date and salary
This is a part time position consisting of 20 hours per week for up to 6 months. We are offering £10 an hour plus limited travel expenses. We would ideally like the successful candidate to start immediately.
- Skills Required Candidates must have experience in researching
- writing and editing in English to Post Graduate degree level A good understanding of business administration Intimate familiarity with PubMed
- Google Books
- NIH reporting
- etc Access to full-text medical journals
- on-line university research and journals etc Excellent skills in both on-line and library-based archival research Familiarity with sources of population survey data (public and commercial) Ability to analyze survey data Ability to manage complex projects Quick to find relevant articles/papers/books and extract key propositions/information Knowledge and/or experience of working with teams and leadership in business would be greatly beneficial Knowledge or experience in marketing
- book distribution
- or sales
- is helpful but not essential Next Step:- Applicants should submit a CV
- cover letter and references
- together with a writing sample to Kerry-Lyn Stanton-Downes via email – email@example.com Short listed candidates will be interviewed via skype.