We are looking to hire one or two interns with the possibility of a paid full-time role later in 2012. Start and end dates are flexible.
You will work on the accounts we have at the moment, help with the day to day running of the business, and contribute to OscarMike ID projects and the website (www.oscarmikeagency.co.uk). Particularly able interns may also be asked to work on expanding the business in some capacity.
Your tasks will vary from day to day. You may be required to shadow the Director or Manager in meetings, have full days of meetings yourself, set up for an event, help with the daily administrative tasks, update our website, undertake researchg or write copy for client or OscarMike literature.
How we work
We work with a variety of brands, either on a retained basis across the year or with regular projects. At the moment, for example, we work with retail clients such as Hoss Intropia and John Lobb on their yearly marketing strategy, and help to implement it through exciting exclusive events that you will be able to attend.
Based in Covent Garden at The Hospital Club, OscarMike has a hard-working and busy environment, and is a highly rewarding place to work for any individual looking for experience in marketing. As a start up business in 2010, your day to day work will be implemented quickly and, in turn, impact on the future of the business.
At OscarMike we interact with highly inspirational third parties in the creative industry, and learn from the knowledge in specific fields from our OscarMike Associates.
We also believe in doing additional creative projects (our ID projects) to inspire our client work and generally enjoy the working day. This also may mean the occasional gallery visit, day out and wind down at the end of a day when it has been a real team effort.
- Who are you? An open-minded and creative individual with a flair for new ideas. You should have a keen interest in marketing and good awareness of social media. You will ideally have a strong academic background. You may have some experience already in a related field; advertising
- event coordination/planning
- research and/or PR
- but we welcome young dynamic individuals who are looking for an intense introduction into marketing. You are looking to gain valuable experience in the industry
- not just through the mentorship of those already working at OscarMike but also through your own motivation and hard work. You are good with people and sound mature over the telephone. You build strong trusting relationships quickly
- and enjoy making new contacts and connections through networking. You should have a strong grasp of the English language both spoken and written
- but we welcome applicants with an international background or those with a strong sense of culture.