- To provide effective support for the Apple European press office
- To support launch and momentum campaigns helping specifically with the product seeding process, coverage reporting, press tour management and other activities as and when required
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To be a first point of contact in a busy press office for journalist enquiries, redirecting them to the appropriate individual as required. In addition, providing a basic level of press office support to both UK and other European markets.
- To manage the product seeding programme on a day-to-day basis, which includes liaising with both media and the seed lab, as well as monitoring dispatch and recall of outstanding units.
- To monitor and evaluate Apple’s media coverage, in particular compiling the daily key coverage round up, preparing and sharing coverage highlights and contributing to regular coverage reports.
- To provide support as necessary for special events, product tours, new store openings, etc.
- To provide support as necessary for momentum activity around our existing product lineup and in-store activities, in particular distributing media alerts to appropriate targets.
- Skills and capabilities:- Apple oriented market knowledge and skills a significant advantage- Intelligent and self-motivated- Great attention to detail and excellent written skills- Great interpersonal and communication skills; media relations experience would be a major advantage- An understanding and interest in personal computers
- digital music
- mobile phones and new technologies- Ability to work to deadlines; strong organisational skillsRequirements:- 1 or 2 years complete of University degree (preferably Public Relations / Media / Journalism related) and looking for placement year- Ability to work under pressure- Positive and flexible attitudeApple Internships are aimed at Gap year or immediate graduates and is a short term
- fixed term assignment for a max of 51 weeks
- which includes any previous Apple continuous service.