May 15 Update: We are still looking to fill this position so please do send your applications!
LLUSTRE.com is the new online destination for discovering and buying innovative and interesting design, homeware and furniture online. We’re a new start-up with 20 people based in a bright and airy office in buzzy Clerkenwell.
We launched in April 2012 to bring our members an editorial led, curated range of great products for their home. Everything we sell is only available for a short period of time and is either limited edition, a new product or at a discount to high street prices.
We are taking the best from the private members sites, ecommerce, social gaming and magazines to tranform a £130bn European market online.
What LLUSTRE has to offer an intern is pretty special: you will get the chance to try out life at a European design and homewares ecommerce business in its earliest days.
As an operations intern you can expect to get stuck in on tasks across the business - on any given day you might find yourself communicating with our suppliers, working with the tech team to fine tune the logistics systems, liaising with the warehouse on deliveries, providing great customer service, checking the accuracy of content on the website and much more besides.
Two weeks expenses paid trial period then paid (details on request). At the end of the internship there is the potential for a full time role for the right person.
- Requirements Given that this is a broad role that touches lots of areas of the business
- you will need to be: Very enthusiastic; smart; a glass half full kind of person (and you normally come up with at least one possible solution before you tell someone what the problem is); independent and willing to speak your mind; interested in learning the ins and outs of a very early stage business; willing to do the occasional menial task without complaining; warm and friendly
- even under pressure. You’ll definitely need: An interest in delivering great customer service Proficient Excel skills To be happy with (indeed
- positively motivated by) tight deadlines An insanely high level of attention to detail A great telephone manner It would be great if you also had: An interest in products for the home (you know the difference between Eames and Ikea) Some previous experience of logistics
- customer service or ecommerce