We have an internship opportunity for a graduate to take responsibility for the daily administration of the organisation and become involved in business improvement projects. This is an operationally-focused role that offers hands-on client involvement from the outset.
We are looking for someone with a passion for client service and business improvement who also possesses the motivation to succeed in a small team where flexibility and commitment are key.
The successful candidate will gain experience of working in a well-regarded psychological therapy service and enjoy daily contact with the senior management team, GPs and therapists. Longer term, there is the opportunity to help the organisation adapt to the recent government changes for commissioning NHS services.
Free onsite parking space is available and there is some flexibility regarding working hours. The internship is available until March 2013, with three weeks paid holiday included in the eight month period.
Key duties will include:
1) Managing the daily administration and office management tasks
2) Managing relationships with GPs, therapists and clients
3) Reviewing and automating operational processes
4) Maintaining and reviewing organisational policies
We would also be interested in agreeing additional projects that suit the skills and interests of the intern.
- Please apply with CV and covering letter of no more than 750 words
- demonstrating how you meet the following criteria. Applications are invited from graduates who can evidence high levels of academic performance in any discipline
- combined with the following: A rounded academic background with strong achievement in both literacy and numeracy The capacity to show initiative
- take personal responsibility and work flexibly in a small team Familiarity with working in an office environment using MS Office software Excellent levels of personal organisation
- professional presentation and an ability to pay close attention to detail The capacity to research unknown topics and produce written guidance to advise of findings A record of making changes to business processes in order to improve organisational performance Excellent customer service skills and an ability to deal with challenging people In addition
- experience and knowledge in any of the following fields would be advantageous – business process re-engineering
- database design or marketing