With thanks to the Nominet Trust, Rewired State has funding to develop, launch, run/operate, and evaluate a new online platform.
This is the second of our (full-time) hires, with another two planned, before the end of the year.
Agencies, please find somewhere else to look.
We’re seeking someone who can work independently, with minimal supervision, who's self-motivated, but asks questions when in doubt, to join the team in the role of “Office Junior”. If you'd like to call yourself something better, we're open to suggestions.
It’s going to be a varied role featuring supporting platform users, social media-ing (but not all day on Facebook/Twitter), research (& presentation of findings), plus other bits and bobs.
The role will be (at least) 60 - 80% office-based (in central London). Subject to schedule, demand and performance, there could be opportunities, during non-core times, for you to work from an internet-connected venue of your choice.
Probation period (paid!) will be four weeks.
- Research (online and off-line)
- News analysis
- Regularly writing a blog post, and responding to blog comments
- Some social-media responsibilities
- Diary management: for self and the team
- Daily use of Trello(.com)
- Interacting with geeks & (potential) clients online and offline; face-to-face and distant.
- Web literacy: being able to administer a web-based platform (there will be some training)
- Supporting/triaging users of the platform
- Engagement with the (predominantly, London) geek & developer community
- Implementing some aspects of our marketing plan
- Working on quarterly reporting with the rest of the team
- Other duties commensurate with the post
Initially, you'll be working alongside the Bountyboard Manager on a daily basis, and occasional interactions with the CEO.
- Company provided smartphone & contract, for company use
- Zone 1 (London) Season Ticket for the time you work for us
- A Mac (or monitor/keyboard/mouse) in the office
- 21 days holiday p/a
This is a full-time post, for 38 hours a week (spread over five days), on a fixed-term contract for 16 months (with possible extension/promotion after). You will be paid via PAYE.
You must be eligible to work in the UK, and able to be in London's Zone One on a regular basis.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and your CV.
- Required Skills: Self-starter Must be thick-skinned
- and able to relate to
- and interact with geeks
- either already
- or with some hand-holding Strong communications skills: spoken
- online (English language) Researching skills: not just online Report contributing/writing (adhering to the Style Guide) High levels of literacy Strong numerical literacy Willingness to talk on telephones Ability and willingness to occasional evening work: for which Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) will be available. Bonus Skills: Speak geek Understanding website analytics (or willingness to learn) Some experience with HTML (for blog post writing) Ability to write a developer-friendly bug-report Basic understanding of Github (clone