Everyone loves food. We guess that you love technology as much as we do – combine the two and you have a recipe for a rewarding and challenging internship opportunity at one of the UK’s hottest consumer internet startups.
housebites.com is looking for a technical intern to join its growing team for a period of three to twelve months. Situated in the heart of ‘Silicon Roundabout’ in East London (Old Street), housebites is pioneering a new model in dining, whereby people around the UK and US open their dining room to new people and existing acquaintances to make a little money for themselves, raise money for a charity of their choice or simply to meet new and interesting people!
Think of us as an Airbnb for restaurants, an eBay for cooked meals or a food-focused Eventbrite, with ambitions to become one of the largest interactive online/offline food networks on the internet.
You’ll get to work alongside the CTO and have client-facing feature responsibility from day one. We make regular, iterative deployments throughout the week, so a feature you build could be live in the hands of users within hours, not weeks.
You’ll be joining a team of people behind pioneering UK internet successes, including bebo (acquired by AOL for $850m in 2008), SpeedDater (acquired by EasyDate in 2008) and birthdayalarm.com.
A few more facts to whet your appetite. housebites:
- is Angel-funded by some of the brightest investors in the internet space.
- is a WebMission 2011 winner, representing one of twenty hand-selected high-potential UK internet company traveling to San Francisco in March 2011.
- has been featured in the London Evening Standard, The Guardian and The Telegraph.
- is Partnering with the UK’s top-10 largest charities
- is a Microsoft Bizspark company built on MVC2, Microsoft Azure Table Storage (No-SQL), Lucene, jQuery and CSS3.
- will provide all software (Windows 7, Visual Studio Ultimate, full Office Suite etc) and ancillary tools such as ReSharper 5.0 as provided and if required.
Interested? Get in touch – we’d love to chat!
- preferably you've also played with jQuery - Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC2 is an added bonus - Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform is a bonus