To work as part of the research and development team the company's real-time financial markets trading surveillance, monitoring, and analytics products.
This may involve working with the platform team in building a software platform to support very high-performance in-memory analytics or working with the user application team in developing the User Interface for the application.
It will involve working directly for our senior management team, who that have been at the forefront of automated trading and associated technologies in some of the world largest financial institutions.
This is initially intended to be a summer job for a graduate or post graduate with strong IT skills and an active interest in the financial markets.
A successful candidate will be ideally positioned to apply for one of the more permanent roles in Research and Development as ideally we will be looking to make at least 2 full time hires from the summer interns we take on.
- Creative & Intuitive
- Team player Flexible
- involved and dedicated - this is a start-up business w Good computer science degree (or expectation) from leading comp science university (e.g. Imperial) or MSc in UX design Knowledge of some of: Java / Spring / Servlets; Unix / Linux; Parallel / Concurrent systems; RDBMS; TCP/IP & Distributed Systems & Protocols (e.g. Thrift) Useful: Hibernate
- Big data analytics
- non-blocking algorithms
- Event-based real-time systems
- Spark component architecture
- custom Spark components
- Parsley or other IoC framework
- BlazeDS / LCDS
- jQuery Interesting: Functional language (Scala
- Erlang etc.)
- UX Design Need to be UK citizen or already have visa enabling you to work in the UK