This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with UKFunders, a fast-growing company that is the leading source of market intelligence on early-stage business funding.
UKFunders researches and monitors around 1500 organisations that provide funding to startups and early-stage businesses in the UK - people like venture capital funds, business angel networks, banks, grant providers and more. This data is combined with clever tools and insightful analysis in an online subscription service. Over 100 organisations who advise companies seeking funding use this service to save time, increase revenues and achieve successful outcomes for their clients.
We are seeking an intern to join our research team and work on our market-leading database of sources of business funding. You will be responsible for identifying new sources of funding, monitoring information about existing funds and analysing key trends within the funding environment. Additionally, you will, from time to time, assist with the company’s sales and marketing activities.
This is a four month role commencing ASAP. Over the course of the internship you will not only make a meaningful contribution to the company but you will also have the opportunity to build and enhance your own skills by working alongside the directors and current employees. There may be an opportunity to progress to a full-time role in the company at the end of this Internship.
You will work full-time at our central London office (nearest tube: Southwark).
- Maintain existing data on funds
- Research and enter data on new funds and deals
- Monitor daily news-flow about funding in the UK
- Research the general funding and investment landscape
- Establish good working relationships with funding organisations to acquire additional information about funds
- Communicate key information about the current funding environment to other members of the team
- Additional duties may include contributing to the blog, writing newsletters and assisting with the sales process
The candidate UKFunders is a fast-growing company and the successful candidate will play an important role within the team, delivering up-to-date, accurate information about the funding environment to customers.
- To be successful in this role
- you must: Have excellent attention to detail Cope well with repetitive tasks Work well under your own initiative Effectively manage projects and your time Have excellent language and writing skills Have good IT skills Be curious and eager to learn Some knowledge of the funding environment within the UK
- particularly Venture Capital funds
- European Funding and Government policies relating to business funding
- would be an advantage but is by no means essential.