£24,000 + travel, benefits & quarterly bonus
(Company Laptop and Phone Provided)
The Head of Programme Delivery will report directly to the Chief Executive and will be responsible and accountable for the delivery of The Small Business Consultancy’s contracts within local authorities. We are looking for an experienced individual who boasts the rare combination of facilitating programmes as well as contract management and overseeing the delivery of a contract (preferably within the public sector) start to end. The Head of Programme delivery will be supported by an Enterprise Officer who will ensure the quality delivery of all programmes against stringent quality criteria and meeting operational targets.
- Recruitment of participants for TSBC’s flagship programmes
- Volunteer and Mentor Engagement/Relationship Management with key stakeholders
- Volunteer and Mentor Training
- Business & Corporate Engagement for in-kind support and work placements for participants
- Ensuring Post Programme Support is available for participants
- Delivery and organising the delivery of term programmes in house (at the Head Office)
- Reporting 3, 6 and 12 month updates to key stakeholders
- Overseeing the implementation of new programmes/products
TSBC’s Flagship Programmes
The E=MC2 Programmes are a series of inspiring entrepreneurial programmes, delivered flexibly over two and half months in front line settings across London. During the programme a groups (4-10 people) or individuals form their own real small business or social enterprise. The E=MC2 Programme can provide participants with a Level 2 Award in Self Employment & Enterprise
The Progress to Success programme is one which rewards and incentivises its participants to set and take steps towards their SMART goals whilst on the programme. It is aimed not only to give participants the tools to effectively look for work in the future, it unveils participant's strength's and personalities and maps these to their future.
The Breaking the Cycle (BTC) initiative is run in association with our corporate partners small to medium sized businesses. Through this initiative we aim to create routes into mainstream employment for the participants on our programmes. The BTC initiative enables our participants to participate in an 8 week work placement within these Newham. We have built supporting tools such as a resource library, a CV builder, a direction tool all which young people are able access free from their iPhones and we are currently building an online job board to make it easier for local businesses to advertise their vacancies on this.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is highly passionate and enthusiastic about enterprise and entrepreneurship, and who has experience of working with people from hard to reach communities and young people and extensive experience of public speaking and has the ability to present to small and large audiences. We are looking for someone who is highly passionate and enthusiastic about enterprise and entrepreneurship. The successful candidate will have proven management experience and the ability to work alongside and as part of an operational team contributing to the delivery of targets and to prioritise work load and work on their own initiative.
The Small Business Consultancy has grown exponentially since inception, and has recently opened an office in the Midlands, with a view to expand to 10 cities by 2014. For the right candidate, there will be opportunities for the successful candidate to grow, progress in their career within the company.
About The Small Business Consultancy
The Small Business Consultancy (TSBC) was established in 2009 by young award-winning serial social entrepreneur Amar Lodhia who himself faced much adversity in his life through battling a two-year drug addiction, being a high school drop out, and being a young offender. Amar's life was transformed through business and enterprise. TSBC is supported by a board comprising of some very high profile and successful entrepreneurs, business and community leaders who all share a vision to create a society where nothing holds people back from becoming successful and achieving something out of life through principles of business and enterprise
TSBC is works with local governments, schools and corporate partners across London and Leicestershire to support substance misusers coming out of treatment for drug addiction, ex-offenders, pre-exclusion students in schools, young unemployed people. through customised unique, entrepreneurial and inspirational programmes facilitated by entrepreneurs and business professionals, TSBC maximises employment and self employment opportunities for people with the highest barriers to employment through equipping people with life, enterprise and business skills to be able to survive independently in a global economy. The sustainable future of our country lays in the hands of new businesses being created which in turn create new jobs - enterprise and entrepreneurship is today and right now more important than it has ever been before
The Small Business Consultancy is an equal opportunities employer, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. We welcome applications from those who can relate to our work both personally and professionally.
- Skills Required The ability to facilitate a class and/or workshop to people from hard to reach communities and the ability to communicate information clearly and concisely To operate within the The Small Business Consultancy guidelines
- maintaining confidentiality agreements and adhering to non-disclosure agreements and protecting the intellectual property of the organisation at all times Presentation skills and the ability to communicate information and processes to multiple audiences. Report writing and the ability to translate complex data (qualitative and quantitative) into understandable readable format IT Skills and ability to use Apple Macintosh (OS/X
- iWorks and MS Office) are also highly desirable skills Knowledge Required Understanding of government objectives and policies for Drug & Alcohol
- Youth Offending
- Employment/ Unemployment and Integrated Youth Support Services and areas within these in which The Small Business Consultancy’s programmes would add value and contribute to delivery of local objectives in areas we operate in. Knowledge of enterprise curriculum in schools at Key Stage 3 and 4. Knowledge of government and BIS agenda on Enterprise and where third sector/training providers that promote enterprise fit into that Personal Attributes Ability to prioritise work load and work on own initiative Available to work flexible hours to include evenings and weekends when required The ability to multi-task to a very high level The ability work well under pressure Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (from participants to
- high profile entrepreneurs and senior business executives) Excellent facilitation and presentation skills Good at networking and making new contacts