The Head of Development and Fundraising will be accountable for developing the pipeline in line with quarterly targets for each of TSBC’s revenue sources, and assessing and scoring each item in the pipeline to ensure that they it is feasible for the organisation to apply and deliver the contract. Successful pipeline development will be achieved through building value-based sustainable relationships as well as strategic lead generation activities and robust relationship management.
Stakeholder Engagement & Conversion
As TSBC moves into it’s “Year of Innovation”, we are completely changing the way we engage in “conversations” with our customers and the successful intern will play an instrumental role in supporting the transition from an old paradigm of enterprise based customer relationship management to a new paradigm of which is relationship based. We aim to achieve this by engaging in communicating with our customers more effectively. The Head of Development & Fundraising will work alongside the Policy & Communications Manager to meet and creatively engage stakeholders who are responsible for contracts in the pipeline, and also for warm and hot leads.
In addition to pipeline development stakeholder engagement and conversion, the Head of Development will be responsible for ensuring client and customer retention and maximising repeat business from our commissioning and funding customers.
Last year 19% of TSBC’s income came from voluntary sector. The Head of Development & Fundraising will be responsible for searching for and writing grant and tender/contract documents and applications. This part of the role will involve developing stakeholder maps and building relationships with key decision makers to ensure TSBC is viewed positively and increase the chances of winning the tender, and building this into the feasibility assessment of tenders before completing them.
In August 2011, The charity “TSBC Foundation” was set up by TSBC CIC to encourage charitable donations and to encourage more corporate organisations to fund our work (who can receive tax savings for doing so). The Head of Development & Fundraising will be responsible for this revenue centre and will work alongside the Policy & Communications Manager at TSBC to develop sustainable and “value creating” relationships with corporate organisations and businesses in local areas within which TSBC operates. The Head of Development & Fundraising will also generate and execute income generating ideas for the charity according to targets.
The Head of Development will be accountable and responsible for brining in at least c.£400k per annum.
- Who are we looking for?It’s a role that calls for a strong influencer
- negotiator and persuasive communicator with experience in a similar role in the Third Sector. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who has worked in Business Development within the Third Sector to step up to their next challenge. We are looking for someone who has significant demonstrable experience of developing and managing key relationships within local government (ideally within the community safety
- criminal justice and education sectors) and corporate funders.We are looking for someone who is highly passionate and enthusiastic about enterprise and entrepreneurship
- The successful candidate will have: Experience of influencing and negotiating to secure commissioning or funding services
- projects and intiatives Project management experience Excellent communication and presentation skills Personal gravitas and superb networking skills Excellent understanding of the social issues that affect our service users (drugs/alcohol
- troubled families
- youth unemployment
- youth offending etc) Experience Requirements: Proven experience of writing proposals
- writing and delivering sales pitches and presentations and developing relationships Business savvy with the ability to think creatively and come up with innovative ideas and business plans A compelling and engaging writer
- skilled at tender and bid writing and getting key messages across Proven success of securing fundraising or new business partnerships worth £500K+ The ability to work successfully at senior management level Ability to think strategically
- to prioritise tasks and to manage a complex workload effectively Hands on as well as strategic IT literate Essential: Initiative
- innovation and creativity. Outstanding communication
- presentation and networking skills
- combined with the vision and tenacity to achieve exceptional results. Ability to empathise and work with a diverse group of people from different backgrounds and cultures. Ability to influence and motivate staff and others who are not under direct control Strong interpersonal
- networking and influencing skills Commitment and the desire to succeed Ability to plan and achieve goals Highly numerate Communication
- influencing and negotiating skills Process driven
- motivated by establishing best practice and clear lines of communication Team orientation
- ability to build effective partnerships and productive relationships Desired: An analytical mind
- and a strong knowledge of statistics and computers An ability to handle data to work in quantitative research To be methodical and well organised
- with good numerical
- analytical and problem-solving skills Commercial awareness for work with local authorities and local government client Knowledge of local authorities and their commissioning structures to work as an industrial researcher
The Small Business Consultancy (TSBC) was established in 2009 by young award-winning serial social entrepreneur Amar Lodhia who himself faced much adversity in his life through battling a two-year drug addiction, being a high school drop out, and being a young offender. Amar's life was transformed through business and enterprise.
TSBC is supported by a board comprising of some very high profile and successful entrepreneurs, business and community leaders who all share a vision to create a society where nothing holds people back from becoming successful and achieving something out of life through principles of business and enterprise TSBC works with local governments, schools and corporate partners across London and Leicestershire to support substance misusers coming out of treatment for drug addiction, ex-offenders, pre-exclusion students in schools, young unemployed people. through customised unique, entrepreneurial and inspirational programmes facilitated by entrepreneurs and business professionals,
TSBC maximises employment and self employment opportunities for people with the highest barriers to employment through equipping people with life, enterprise and business skills to be able to survive independently in a global economy. The sustainable future of our country lays in the hands of new businesses being created which in turn create new jobs - enterprise and entrepreneurship is today and right now more important than it has ever been before Our approach and the work we do is centred around our 4 values, to provide: Aspiration and motivation Positive role models A stable environment Incentives to progress