Digital Education, is leading the establishing of a global online education venture.
We are incubating and investing in exciting digital education ventures, which focus on making learning fun and more effective, and could benefit from the deep capabilities and global market leadership of Macmillan and its parent, Holtzbrinck GmbH in education and media. Some of our existing businesses include tutoria.de, cramlr.com, heytutor.com. Digital Education is also involved in a number of Venture Capital Investments.
We are offering a versatile internship with a lot of opportunities to work independently and gain insight in to many ventures and activities of Digital Education. We are looking for the suitable candidate to start in August and in return will offer competitive payment & interesting work which would be invaluable for the successful candidate. A successful internship will carry strong potential to translate into an exciting full time position within the new venture/s
The job includes a wide range of regular and project oriented tasks in the following areas:
- Involvement in key strategic research projects
- Preparation and creation of Presentations for key stakeholders
- Analysis of data and findings from the research projects carried out
- Market entry analyses (e.g., into mobile and online English language learning) within specific areas and make suggestions of possible business models that may be suitable for these markets.
- This will involve both primary and secondary research into key competitors and customers.
Due to the nature of a start up business, projects may vary and therefore the candidate should be flexible with fluid deadlines.
- We are looking for candidates with the ability to work independently in an dynamic and international environment and who has the following qualifications: Essential skills: Demonstrated interest in online businesses Advanced MS-Office skills (Excel & Power Point) Advanced English Skills Desirable skills/experience Technical or business degree Practical experience Exposure to online technologies Exposure toLatin Americaand ability to speak conversational Portuguese Understanding of online English Language Learning space as a teacher
- learner If you think this role is the right one for you
- please apply through our company website http://jobs.macmillan.com/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000002675 with your covering letter and CV.