Foundry is a three-month long paid placement at Mint Digital for new graduates, starting July 16.
We started in 2011 with these two principles:
- Don't get graduates in to simply help out on our work.
- Look for people who don’t really do what we do, to work on something we haven't done before.
Why? Because you are not cheap labour and we are more interested in a mutual learning environment. Who is to say we can't learn from you?
Last year we set out with the brief: Make something connected to the Internet that doesn't live on a screen. We ended with Olly, the web connected smelly robot. Olly got featured on sites from the BBC to Engadget, and the Foundry team were named Inventors of the Year.
The brief this year is still a secret. Who knows what we will end up making with you?
- We are looking for four people who are graduating
- or dropping out of university this summer. It doesn’t matter what you studied or what your background is. What counts more is a passion for combining design and technology. Interaction designers
- software developers
- product designers
- hardware engineers
- graphic designers
- electrical engineers. Even English graduates who are closet hackers. As long as you are bringing a skill to Foundry
- you are welcome to apply. For more info
- visit http://foundry2012.mintdigital.com.