Lenstore is looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Copywriter, who is hungry to gain experience and help advance a fast growing e-commerce business.
Working closely with the Marketing team, the successful candidate will demonstrate an exemplary work ethic, to match that of the existing staff, and a desire to both learn new skills and share knowledge with other team members. A high level of attention to detail is required for this role.
As part of a small and growing business, a high degree of flexibility is required from candidates. This is a critical position that will deliver real results to Lenstore, and offer a unique opportunity to work within a high growth, credible and fun start up.
Successful candidates will be expected to carry out a 2-month internship (expenses paid, up to £500 per month); after the first two months, the intern’s performance will be reviewed with a view to turning the internship into a full-time, permanent position.
The position is based in Lenstore's offices in South London (SW19 2RL), close to the South Wimbledon and Colliers Wood Underground Stations (Northern Line).
- Contacting owners of blogs and websites to establish whether they would be interested in publishing a guest post;
- Generating content ideas relevant to both Lenstore and the website which has indicated it would be interested in publishing an article;
- Writing guest articles for blogs which have indicated they would be interested in publishing an article;
- Updating content on the Lenstore website;
- Writing and scheduling posts for Twitter, Facebook & Google+;
- Participating in online communities such as Care2.
- Excellent writing skills and an interest in copywriting;
- An interest in fashion;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Knowledge of SEO and how to evaluate a link opportunity (beneficial);
- Knowledge of the relationship between content and SEO (beneficial).
Normal hours are Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm.
Lenstore is a London-based internet retailer of contact lenses, active since 2008.
The firm has entered an immature market in the UK with a differentiated customer proposition and business plan, quickly becoming a seven figure revenue business.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV, portfolio and covering letter (applications without covering letter and portfolio will not be considered). Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial telephone interview, and, if successful at this stage, to a face to face interview at our offices in South Wimbledon.
Only applicants who can demonstrate they have the right to work in the UK will be considered.
- Excellent writing skills and an interest in copywriting; An interest in fashion; Strong communication skills; Good organisational skills; Knowledge of SEO and how to evaluate a link opportunity (beneficial); Knowledge of the relationship between content and SEO (beneficial).