The Small Business Consultancy is looking for a dynamic and enterprising Business Support Assistant to support our Business Development two days per week. Duties will involve administrative support, drafting letters and reports, preparing detailed meeting notes, researching, inputing and handling key data, updating key information on TSBC’s website, produce a weekly bulletin of funding opportunities, invoicing customers and collating expenses and reports and presenting these to the CEO’s Office. This is an extremely busy and varied role, so the successful candidate must be personable, organised, professional and have a flexible approach to work and a lot of initiative.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is highly passionate and enthusiastic that will be able to dedicate 100% to this role in and out of the office, and has the ability to work alongside and as part of a team and providing a valuable contribution to the delivery of targets. The candidate will be someone who can prioritise their work load and excel in their role by using their own initiative and work well under pressure.
The Small Business Consultancy has grown exponentially since inception, and has recently opened an office in the Midlands, with a view to expand to 10 cities by 2014. There will be opportunities for the successful candidate to grow, progress in their career within the company.
Business Support Assistant Will be Responsible For:
- Filing system maintenance
- General office duties and supporting staff
- Extensive support in research and public sector research on information for members of the Business Development Team in advance of meetings
- Organising and co-ordinating meetings
- Produce weekly funding notifications list
- Updating CRM database
- Writing letters and mail outs
- Preparing proposals
- Proof reading
- Updating key content on TSBC website
- Preparing invoices
- Producing social evaluation reports
- Previous Experience: Administrative and support (Desirable) Worked within a high pressured office environment (Essential) Excellent personal organisational skills
- ability to manage own time (Essential) Experience of public sector
- and ability to communicate with Government officials and officers within Local Government (Desirable) Report writing and the ability to translate complex data (qualitative and quantitative) into understandable readable format (Essential) Administrative skills and the ability to communicate generally at multiple levels. (Essential) Work/IT Skills & Knowledge: Good working knowledge of Word
- Excel (Essential) Attention to detail and accuracy (Essential) Highly literate and fluent in English (Essential) Good working knowledge of Apple OSX
- Keynote and Pages applications (Desirable) Good working knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent cloud CRM management systems (Desirable) Interpersonal Skills: A flexible approach in order to cope with changing work demands (Essential) Excellent communication at all levels
- both verbal and written (Essential) Ability to work unsupervised within tight deadlines (Essential) Ability to use own initiative
- pro-activity and a can-do approach (Essential) Relationship management skills (Essential) Exemplary planning and organisation skills (Essential)